The Oyo State Government has refuted reports that it has lifted the ban on public gatherings in the State.
The Special Adviser, SA, Media, to Governor Makinde, Mr Jide Ajani, revealed that the denial was in response to a fake press statement being circulated, referencing some Executive Orders allegedly issued by the Executive Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde.
Mr. Ajani said, “The individual who signed the statement is one Adeniran Adenuga, who assumed the title of ‘Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the Governor.”
“This fake news is not from Governor Makinde’s Media Office and the so-called Executive Orders are FALSE IN ALL MATERIALS PARTICULAR,” he noted.
Mr. Ajani affirmed that being a member of the Oyo State COVID-19 Task Force, he could confirm that no such decisions have been taken; therefore, as of Thursday, May 21, there is no lifting of the ban on public gatherings – including churches and mosques.
The release further says, “Please, treat the statement as FAKE NEWS and another handiwork of enemies of the State. Prior to this latest evil scheme, the Oyo State COVID-19 Task Force’s daily update flyer had been cloned and used to post incorrect data.”
“On another occasion, they had posted pictures on social media depicting outbreak of violence in Oyo State when the Park Management System was kick started. Individuals who can go to this extreme, vile and vicious extent, can do anything,” Ajani stated.
The SA Media also advised members of the public to ignore the statement and implored churches and mosques to obey the existing restriction order.
Source: Voice of Nigeria