Medicine

COVID-19: Oyo State discharges 17 more persons

The Oyo State Government says it has discharged an additional seventeen persons who have received their second negative test results.

Governor Seyi Makinde disclosed this in an update on his Social Media handles early on Wednesday.

According to the Governor, Two people have died from the Coronavirus while six additional people have also tested positive from the latest result.

The new figures translate to 75 discharged cases, 6 deaths and 250 confirmed cases in the State.

Makinde said, “Seventeen confirmed COVID-19 patients have received their second negative test results and have been discharged. This brings the number of discharged cases in Oyo State to seventy-five.”

He stated, “Also, the COVID-19 confirmation tests for six suspected cases came back positive. One case is from iSON Xperiences and one each from Ibadan South West, Ibadan South East, Surulere, Ido and Egbeda Local Government Areas.”

“Sadly, two of the six positive cases confirmed today had already passed away. So, the total number of confirmed cases in Oyo State is 250 and the total number of deaths is six,” the Governor added.

Source: Voice of Nigeria