The FCT Minister of State, Dr. Ramatu Aliyu, has extended the integrated free medical outreach to the three senatorial districts of Kogi state.
The minister, who performed the inauguration of the programme in Lokoja, used the occasion to reiterate her commitment towards the provision of good quality, high impact Primary Health Care (PHC) services to women and children.
The free integrated medical outreach has been the flagship programme of Nigerians Unite for Tinubu/Shettima Mandate and targeted at the vulnerable in rural communities.
Universal health coverage
Aliyu noted that the healthcare delivery has been one of the key programmes of President Muhammadu Buhari led Administration to provide Nigerian citizens, particularly women and children, high impact Primary Health Care (PHC) services, as a gateway to achieving the Universal Health Coverage.
She said; “The country in general, and Kogi state in particular has witnessed significant improvements in infrastructural upgrades and healthcare service delivery in this current dispensation, and I can assure you that a Tinubu led administration will implement, expand and improve upon the structures that have been delivered, in line with the continuity agenda of the All Progressives Congress (APC) led government”.
The minister noted that the two key strategies in the delivery of Primary Health Care (PHC) scheme are the facility based and the mobile/outreach approaches, stressing that overtime, emphasis has been on facility based services which could give about 40% coverage of those in need, while, remaining 60% could be achieved through focused integrated outreach services.
“Accordingly, the flag off today of this Medical Outreach Programme, which is powered by the support group, Nigerians Unite for Tinubu/Shettima is expected to, among other benefits, strengthen immunization and PHC service outputs through integration, particularly in the underserved, low performing communities of the State.
“I want to assure all of you that the Tinubu/Shettima’s Renewed Hope 2023 Action Plan for a better Nigeria will deliver on its mandate based on their promises and commitment to serve Nigeria.
“It is no longer news that they have done it before and we are sure by the grace of Almighty, they can do it again and again. It is a common knowledge that none of the other Presidential candidates can move Nigeria forward better than Bola Tinubu when it comes to track record of service delivery,” she stressed.
Aliyu, therefore, appealed to royal fathers, religious and traditional leaders, stakeholders and other well-meaning Nigerians, to support and elect Bola Tinubu as the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria come 25th February 2023.
Areas of interventions
Areas of interventions include health education and promotion; treatment of common illnesses; vaccination of under-five children and pregnant women; and distribution of family planning commodities.
Others include screening for non-communicable diseases such as hypertension, diabetes, routine eye screening and screening for malnutrition; referral services; amongst others.
One of the beneficiaries of the Free Integrated Medical Outreach, Mallam Muhammad Abdullahi, commended the group, Nigerians Unite for Tinubu/Shettima Mandate for the intervention, stressing that the move would go along way to assist the less privileged in the society.
“I came here for eye screening, and I am happy with what I saw on ground. Let me commend this initiative of Nigerians Unite for Tinubu/Shettima gear towards assisting the vulnerable group in the society.
“I say this because there are many people in both rural and urban communities who cannot afford the least healthcare in view of the present economic realities. But this intervention will go along way to assist,” he said.
Source: Voice of Nigeria